Yeeeaaah Hot

Sunday, July 16, 2006

his fair share of drugs

Justin Timberlake, in his quest to bring SexyBack, just did an interview with The Observer in which he cops to having done his “fair share of drugs” and having been “caught places with my pants down.”

Whatever: he is loath to 'fuel the fire', as he puts it, with unconsidered brushes with the press. 'What I really think is that I've never done anything that bad,' he says. 'I don't show up drunk to functions; the drugs that I do have been in my own private time. I've never been arrested - though not to say that I won't! It's just easier to write something about people who've not spent time in complete debauchery.

Funny, then, that Timberlake is apparently comfortable with a subject like drugs - if not rather enthusiastic. When asked if he'd ever want to be president of the United States - 'I've done way too many drugs already,' he responds, without missing a beat. 'I've already inhaled and I've already...who knows. I don't know if I want that responsibility.' So what's he done? 'I fear that if I said that, I'd fuel the fire, so forgive me,' he says. 'I'm just like everyone else, I get completely plastered, I've done my fair share of drugs and I've been caught places with my pants down; it's just I make sure there are no cameras around. If we get into this whole [drugs] conversation we don't have enough time. Some drugs haven't been legalised because it will ruin the other drugs, like nicotine and tobacco. Nicotine is more addictive than heroin. I'll leave the preaching to the preachers - my grandfather's a preacher - but I believe you don't do anything to excess. They always say too much of a good thing could be a bad thing. I try to live my life in a well-rounded manner. We all make mistakes.'

So apparently nicotine and tobacco are two entirely different things. Brava, JT - Brava! Now here’s the thing – I couldn’t care less what he drugs he does, has done, or is doing… or when his pants are down - but why the fuck is he saying this shit in an interview? I mean, I don’t think that it’s necessarily a bad thing – just a little surprising. I’d say he’s finally ready to rid himself of that Mickey Mouse Club image – what, now that he’s officially bringing SexyBack. Blown!

Oh, and I’ve listened to his new fucking song twice since I last commented on it, and I still think that it bites the big one! I just don’t get it. I mean, I keep waiting for it to start rubbing off on me, but it just hasn't happened yet. Maybe Cameron Diaz and her zits are championing the direction in which this album seems to be going, but I still think that it’s just tepid bullshit!


Umm, Justin – I’m afraid that you’ve gotten yourself confused. If you really want to bring sexy back, why don’t you do everyone a favor, and bring it back. I hear that Britty Peers and her cheetos are available for the bringing…

Hereafter, Justin Timberlake shall be referred to simply as SexyBack.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA - I LOVE the Justine Timberlake pictures!

7/16/2006 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home