Yeeeaaah Hot

Thursday, July 13, 2006

don't fuck with the babysitter!

I remember the first time that I saw Adventures in Babysitting – 19 years ago. We were vacationing at my family’s summer home, and went to a double feature at the drive in movie theatre down the lane. I was 7 years old – and the PG-13 rating was a bit of a stretch.

Remember the scene where Elisabeth Shue’s character (Chris Parker) and co. encounter the scary (gasp – black) gang members on the subway… that whole “Don’t FUCK with the lords of hell - Don’t FUCK with the babysitter!” thing. Yeah, well my parents (mostly my mother) nearly died… as if my ears were going to simultaneously fall off the sides of my face. All in all though, I think it was ok. That Elisabeth Shue was just too cute dancing around her bedroom lip synching to The Crystals’ ‘And Then He Kissed Me’.


We only made it about 10 minutes into the second movie before my parents took us home – my sister and I were fighting. Anyway, I read today that Adventures in Babysitting is set for a remake, starring of all people – perpetual dbag Raven-Symoné. I mean, Jesus Christ - is nothing sacred anymore?!?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Adventures in Babysitting!!!!!!

7/13/2006 10:55 PM  
Blogger Baby Jane said...

I know. Raven-Symoné is just not cute!

7/14/2006 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO WAY!!!!!!! Are they really doing a remake? Where did you read this?

7/17/2006 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home