Yeeeaaah Hot

Saturday, June 17, 2006

fur hags

What is the world coming to when a girl can’t even eat Japanese food without being attached by a couple of crazies? My girl, B was dining at Nobu Thursday night with two girls who had won an Ebay auction – a dinner with Beyoncé to benefit VH1’s Save the Music foundation.

Well as it turned out, the winners were members of PeTA who used the opportunity to question Beyoncé about the use of fur in her House of Dereon fashion line. These bitches even had a hidden camera, so now the whole world can see Beyoncé look like a total asshat. Maybe B should consider going the way of Ralph Lauren, and giving up the fur. Go here to watch the video from last night.

So here’s the thing – I am completely against cruelty to animals and all that that entails, and I’m glad that PeTA is always out there fighting the fight… but Ingrid Newkirk and her people strike me as a tad bonkers. I may be going out on a limb here, but I’m just saying. Although you can’t say that they haven’t given Beyoncé fair warning.

Now you all know how I would take a bullet for Miss Anna, but I secretly love how she is constantly under attack by PeTA. I always enjoy when she gets pied – most recently last October as she was walking to the Chloé show in Paris.

Also, how much do I love when those PeTA crazies don their Anna masks and protest outside the Condé Nast building on 42nd Street! Last Halloween was a particularly lovely display, as they added witch hats, and I believe brooms to the mix. Those nutbags were even out a few weeks ago.

Part of me loves that Anna completely ignores the protestors, and then part of me wishes that she would just give up the fight. I waiver. Beyoncé on the other hand, looks like a damn fool.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beyonce looks really dumb in that video. You would think that her people would have coaxed her on what kind of response to give considering, as you pointed out, this is not the first time the fur thing has been brought to her attention. Dumb dumb dumb!

6/17/2006 11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor beyonce!

6/20/2006 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home