Yeeeaaah Hot

Friday, June 16, 2006

bajörk

Last night I was listening to an old Sugarcubes album while I made dinner, and I realized that I have yet to post anything about my favorite musical boo, Björk – pronounced Bajork – you know, like that anus Bjorn (the ‘Divo’) from My Super Sweet Sixteen, whose ghetto parents pronounced his name Bajorn. Blown!

Yeah, so back to Bajörk… I think I’ll start this off by showing the obligatory picture of the swan dress from the 2001 Academy Awards, and give you my thoughts on the matter.

Ok, so personally I loved the Marjan Pejoski swan dress. It was so tongue in cheek, and absolutely hysterical. Most people were not aware of how playful Björk was on the red carpet. The bag that she carried with this dress, was a large egg shaped bejeweled clutch (likely some heinous Judith Leiber concoction). So as Björk made her way down the red carpet, she repeatedly dropped her egg on the carpet behind her (as if she had been laying eggs). People kept picking it up and returning it to her, and she would just smile and thank them. How fucking funny is that shit. Love it and love her!

So now that we have that down, let’s continue. I searched youtube for videos, and thought that I would first share the classic clip when she beat the fuck out of the reporter in Bangkok. I have seen this clip probably a hundred times over the years, and it never gets old.


How nutso is that shit!?! Do you love it? This is the kind of stuff that we need more of. I mean, wouldn’t you love to see Kirstie Alley blow it out on the paparazzi (with more than her damn Super Soaker)? Wouldn’t you pay money to see Britty Peers go ape shit and beat some poor shmo over the head with her baby? Loves it!

I thought I would also post her video for Hidden Place, of which I saw the premiere at some gallery when I was in college. This video is really interesting, and totally Björk – in that weirdo, crazy cakes kind of way. No one can argue against the fact that Björk is constantly innovative in her art and music. Oftentimes she goes a little nutso, but that’s what I love about her.


In case anyone is interested, Björk is releasing her full album catalogue on June 27 – which is a 7disc set that includes each of her albums as well as all of her videos.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home