Yeeeaaah Hot

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

customer service?

Last week I had a major blowout over the phone with a customer service rep. Each time I call this particular company (cough… Shitibank), they try to unload all of their random, shitty programs on to me. You know the drill – they enroll you in their fucking bullshit, and then you inevitably forget to cancel it after 30 days and suddenly you, shocker – owe them money. Most recently they were pedaling their free credit report bullshit, and representative, Aaron and I had a pretty intense go-around.

On this particular day, I was feeling more generous than I tend to be with these people, and I let him get through about 15 seconds of his spiel before I cut him off and politely informed him that my credit was excellent and that I did not wish to participate. My boo, Aaron did not want to hear me on this, and continued with his annoying tripe. I interrupted him again, and perhaps a little more sternly, let him know that while I recognized that the program might benefit some people, that I was not interested.

So here’s the thing - I am generally pretty polite with these kinds of people. You know, I try to put myself in their shoes, and realize what a shitty shitty job it must be answering the god damned telephone all day long. But here’s the thing – if you keep on badgering me with your scripted banter, I will fucking throw down – and I can throw down with the best of them. Asshole Aaron flipped my bitch switch, so I asked him why he was wasting both of our time, and went on to say something about him being ‘retarded’… at which point, he blew it the fuck out and started screaming ‘EXCUSE ME, MR….” repeatedly. At this point the situation suddenly struck me as rather funny, so I laughed out loud and then hung up the phone. This fuck was so irate that I seriously expected him to call me back.

Now I know that everyone has had a situation like this, and you all recognize how fucking annoying these a-holes can be. But check out this shit. Some poor schmo was trying to cancel his AOL account, and had quite possibly the most frustrating customer service rep on the planet. Watch the clip for the audio. This shit is unbelievable!

1 Comments:

Blogger Baby Jane said...

I know - everyone feels this poor guy's pain. AOL allegedly fired the customer service rep once NBC reported it on the news! Total fucking lunatic!

6/22/2006 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home