Yeeeaaah Hot

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

life is a race and i know i can win it...

Does anyone recall the short-lived sitcom ‘Just the Ten of Us’? Remember – the spin-off from Growing Pains… the fat bald guy, Coach Lubbock and his 31 children…

I don’t know what got me thinking about this, but I’m really having a hankering. This show definitely needs to be released on DVD, or at least put into syndication or something.

Remember the slutty daughters – Cindy and Wendy, and how they were always gang-banging the football team or whatever. Then the older sister, Marie (the chick from Nightmare on Elm Street) who was always off praying somewhere and being a church douche. Oh, and then there was the nerd sister, Connie – dull as dishwater – definitely had a Saffy from AbFab vibe.

What I didn't like about this show was 1. that they were poor, 2. that the heinous parents were always being kinky with eachother - if you're white trash with 300 children, and no money to support them, keep it in your pants - and 3. the two babies and the younger brother and sister - they just took up space and annoyed me anytime they appeared on screen.

As sitcoms from your childhood go, the theme song was also pretty catchy – I’m doin’ it the best I can - Leanin’ on nobody but me - Oh, seein’ it from where I stand - Nothin’ comes easy (Nothin’ comes easy)! If you ever enjoyed this show, and are feeling a little nostalgic, here’s a clip of the intro.


What made this show a keeper for me was when the four of them formed the girl band, and named themselves ‘The Lubbock Babes’ – and they would sing ‘We are Family’ and romp and around like ninnies. Very Jem and the Holograms – loved it! Oh, and can we discuss that this is the second time in two weeks that I’ve made reference to Jem and the Holograms. How gay is that?

If I recall, Jamie Luner (Cindy) later appeared on Melrose Place – and Brooke Theiss (Wendy) played an evil sorority president on 90210. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home