Yeeeaaah Hot

Sunday, May 28, 2006

a high-waisted nightmare

Yesterday afternoon I had brunch with a friend followed by some shopping in my neighborhood. We were browsing around in Intermix, when I stumbled upon what I believe to be the most hideous pair of jeans that I have ever seen in my entire life.

Behold – the High-Waist Braided Jeans by Grey Ant, $338

I hesitated to post about this because the picture doesn’t even begin to speak to the inherent ugliness of these pants. I don’t care what Hollywood ‘It Girl’ was spotted buying these – Mischa Barton is probably wearing them right now, and I’m sure Juliette Lewis owns 37 pair. They’re beyond reproach… beyoooooond reproach! I'm really waiting for people to start pegging / tight rolling their jeans again, at which point I will jump off the roof of my building. Oh, and while we’re on the topic, ‘skinny jeans’ also need to die a long painful death – stat. Sorry NicRichie - I still love you!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! you fugged the fugtastic jeans!
now if only they could get a "nicky hilton for grey ant" denim line going....
sasha

5/29/2006 12:04 AM  
Blogger Baby Jane said...

Heinous - I went back into Intermix yesterday to take another look at those jeans. I tell you, I feel so violated. Yeeeaaah Chick by Nicky Hilton.

5/29/2006 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE these high waisted jeans and bought the last pair in my size 2 dark denim, and I don't usually spend $300+ for a pair of pants. They are sold out everywhere in size 0 my real size. I am so sick of the low-waisted jeans I see everywhere on everyone...be they fat or thin...they don't care. Let's face it, most people do not have the bodies (flat stomachs) to handle them and if they do, they look slutty. I'm hoping Grey Ant will continue the trend and bring back HIGH waisted pants.

6/17/2006 1:42 PM  
Blogger Baby Jane said...

I'm sure you look lovely in your high waisted denim...

6/21/2006 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home