Yeeeaaah Hot

Monday, May 29, 2006

snakes on a mother fuckin' plane

Ok, I need to ease into this next one, because it has kind of thrown me for a loop – Snakes on a Plane, my friends… Snakes on a Plane. First off – What the Fuck?!?! Second – What the Fuck?!?! And finally – What the Fuck?!?!

I first heard about this gem of a film last summer, and had my initial What the Fuck moment – but now that this movie is actually set to open in a few months (the G.I. Joe'esque posters are already up outside my neighborhood theatre) I’m having a bit of an existential crisis. Seriously - What the Fuck?!?!

I think I heard somewhere that Samuel L. Jackson’s films have grossed more than any other actor in Hollywood, and while I don’t know that I’ve seen any of them as of late, I don’t really think of him as being the kind of a actor who would star in a film called Snakes on a Plane. Am I missing something – is this movie so beyond the point of blown that it’s going to be some huge summer blockbuster?

Apparently ‘Snakes on a Plane’ or the even more appropriate ‘Snakes on a Mother Fuckin' Plane’ has become part of the hipster lexicon. It’s a more appropriate way of expressing your indifference or resignation – a more modernist take on ‘Shit Happens’…

WIFE – “Honey, you stepped in dog poop again.”
HUSBAND – “Snakes on a Plane…”

DOCTOR – “Your cholesterol is 290. Perhaps you should start to exercise a little.”
PATIENT – “Snakes on a Plane…”

Snakes on a Plane is set to open this August – Here’s the teaser trailer.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!

5/31/2006 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home