Yeeeaaah Hot

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

project runway season 3 finale

Tonight is the finale of my absolute favorite show - Project Runway, and I'm ready to make my prediction as to who will win this season. Going in to Olympus Fashion Week it was pretty clear that Michael Knight was the favorite. He gained rave reviews throughout the season, and very much seemed like the judges' favorite. As soon as I saw the photos of his collection last month, I knew that there was no way in hell that he could possibly win. I mean, I loved him all season, but there are no words (at least good ones) for what he sent down the runway last month!

Now anyone who has been following my blog knows that I have been pulling for Laura Bennett since day one. I mean, I love everything about this woman - and the collection that she showed at the Bryant Park tents was impeccable. Her detractors will say that it was too predictable and not cutting edge - but each time I look at her garments, I fall more and more in love. As far as her accusation that Jeffrey outsourced his sewing, I feel pretty confident that she is spot on - and the answer was in his response. Had he not cheated, he would have flipped his shit when confronted by the rest of the group.

That said, my feelings are that, as Tim Gunn said, it is next to impossible to prove something like that - and as much as the Bravo editing might lead the viewers to believe that Jeffrey is in danger of showing, I guarantee that they won't be able to prove a god damn thing. I mean, if someone is going to have the balls to cheat in such an obvious way, they're going to be damn sure that they have their asses (receipts, in this case) covered. So here's my prediction - it goes without saying that Michael is auf wiedersehen'd. In light of the accusation and supposed cheating scandal, Laura and Michael cancel eachother out. That said, the prize will likely go to Uli. Her collection was fine and all, but she had the secret weapon - her model, Nazri!

I ask you - in all three seasons of Project Runway has there every been a model as hot as Nazri? Obviously not. Of the nine episodes in which she was used, Nazri won four of the challenges, and came in a very close second in two others. She won both challenges that involved a prize for the model - the icon challenge that Michael won, and the final challenge with Uli. She is clearly the secret weapon - and that is my prediction. Congratulations Uli... or Jeffrey. Come to think of it, maybe Jeffrey will win...hmmm...


To see photos (and my take) on the collections of the final four designers - click here for Laura Bennett, Uli Herzner, Michael Knight and Jeffrey Sebelia.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acurate prediction. Uli should have won!

10/18/2006 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree! I have disliked Jeffrey from the beginning because I dislike greasy, unbathed-looking assholes who are mean to other people's moms. UGH! Uli's collection was cool, wearable, thoughtful.
Michael's stuff looked like it came from some cheap-o trashy store .... like Conway or Daffy's. Fully heinous! Daffy's/Conway heinous west 30's trashtasticness hein!

10/18/2006 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeffrey showed the best collection - except for the two blue dresses. the rest, from the leather jeans to the two-toned wrap were spot-on. uli's collection was second best. Laura, sorry babydoll, she just doesn't have it. i'm sad to see what happened to michael - he lost it.

10/19/2006 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely disagree. I didn't think that Jeffrey's collection was bad. I was surprised that I actually liked it. However, the judges' critique of Laura (that she is a one note) is just stupid. You can bet your ass that she will be a huge success. I could have told you from day one that she was not going to win the competition. You have to be "edgey" to win project runway. It was sad that Michael completely fucked up, but I thought for sure that Uli was going to win!

10/19/2006 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home