Yeeeaaah Hot

Monday, August 28, 2006

fuck conan o'brien!

Pretty much everything that I've read has been positive about Conan O'Brien at last night's Emmy Awards - oh, except for all of that bullshit about the plane crash parody in the intro clip.



Personally, I thought that he was fine - but every time I saw Jon Stewart in the audience, I kept wishing that he was up there in Conan's place.


When I was in college I watched Conan nearly every night. I haven't watched his show in several years, and I'll tell you why - because he's a fucking asshole! He lives a block from me, so I've run into him on numerous occasions - usually when he's walking his golden retriever. He seriously acts like the biggest assface on the planet - always scowling and being gruff. His dog always wants to greet mine, and Conan has, on more than one occasion, walked into the street to avoid people and their dogs. I'm telling you, it's weird!


So here's the thing - New Yorkers don't give much of a flying fuck about celebrities (at least we don't pretend to). If there's one thing that the Upper West Side of Manhattan is known for, it's celebrity infestation. My other famous neighbors include Liam Neeson, Natasha Richardson, Richard Dreyfuss, Howard Stern, Sting, Regis Philbin, Phoebe Cates, Cynthia Nixon, Linda Evangelista, Tony Danza, Joan Allen, Yoko Ono and Dianne Wiest - all of whom act perfectly pleasant and normal. Hell, even my neighbor, America's Next Top Model Cycle Two winner, Yoanna House hasn't let the fame go to her head.

Fuck Conan O'Brien!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's disappointing. I've always loved Conan O'brian.

8/29/2006 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home