Yeeeaaah Hot

Monday, August 28, 2006

2006 emmy awards - red carpet recap

I plan on doing a full tilt 2006 Emmy Awards recap later today, but before I do that I would just like to quickly sing the praises of Kyra Sedgwick - who looked AMAZING tonight. She was absolute perfection in that dove grey tulle and chiffon, Armani Privé couture gown. Now, I don't watch her show "The Closer", but I've definitely been watching her on the red carpet over the last year. She has been consistently gorgeous, and not afraid to take risks.


From left to right is as follows: 2005 Emmy Awards - J. Mendel; 2006 Golden Globes - Bottega Veneta; 2006 SAG Awards - J. Mendel; 2006 Tony Awards - Emanuel Ungaro


Honestly, I think that the majority of women looked great tonight. Off hand, my other favorites included Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Narciso Rodriguez, Evangeline Lilly in Versace, Calista Flockhart in Derek Lam, Sandra Oh in Vera Wang, Katherine Heigl in Escada, and Debra Messing in Alberta Ferretti. I also thought that Helen Mirren, Alfre Woodard and Allison Janney all looked pretty fab. The only trainwreck that I can recall right now, was Paula Abdul who was in some tragic Laura Ashley-esque floral dribble piss. Expect a longer Emmy recap later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good call with kyra sedgewick. she really looked great. i agree with your best dressed picks. evangeline lily was my favorite!

8/28/2006 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home