Yeeeaaah Hot

Sunday, June 04, 2006

golden age

Cate Blanchett is currently filming 'Golden Age' - the sequel to Elizabeth. Now this is a film for which there is reason for me to be excited. Elizabeth is one of my favorite films, and Cate is brilliant in it. I was astounded when she lost the Academy Award to Gwyneth that year for the hugely over-rated Shakespeare in Love. Girl was robbed blind. Nevertheless I was glad that she finally won last year for her great portrayal of my all-time favorite, Katharine Hepburn.

Golden Age is said to be an exploration of the relationship between Elizabeth I and Sir Walter Raleigh (Clive Owen). Geoffrey Rush also returns to reprise his role as Walsingham. Ok, so here's the thing - Elizabeth I must have been a hideous beastly woman. I mean, I've seen her portrayed on film a number of times, and well - you be the judge...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home