Yeeeaaah Hot

Thursday, August 24, 2006

kittens, unicorns, and hair ribbons


Here are some shots from Mariah's concert last night in New York. From here on out, please know that whenever I invoke the term "hot mess" what I really mean to say is that it is Mariah Carey-esque. Seriously though, has she had a stroke? An aneurysm? What the fuck is up with these horrendous costumes?


I mean, did she borrow these dresses from some white trash beauty queen or what? Now I know that Mariah likes to fancy herself as some kind of sex pot - and when you throw a little photoshop into the mix, she isn't all that bad.


The thing is, I think she's too dumb to realize that without all of that smoke and mirrors, she's actually quite beastly. I had thought that my homeboy, André Leon Talley was supposed to give Mariah a makeover, but I guess he must have fallen down on the job.


As a little bit of an aside, here's a fun idea for a party game - one which I've actually played. First things first - grab yourself a glass of wine or champagne. The task at hand is for your and your friends to think of names for her future songs, albums and film projects. You need to first consider the types of things that interest Mariah. Here, I'll get you started with my list.


Now you must scour your lists to determine which of these things can be used for one of Mariah's future projects. More than likely, you'll find that strangely enough, a lot of them have already been used. Take my list for example. Butterfly, Charmbracelet, Daydream, Rainbow and Music Box have all been used as album names. She's actually used Petals before as the name for a song, and then of course there was that hideous movie, Glitter. So I guess that leaves us with Kittens, Flowers, Unicorns, Hair Ribbons, Hearts, Sparkles, Puppies, Barrettes and Ponies. There's A LOT of Mariah potential there!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PONIES..... neeeiiiggghhh!!!

8/24/2006 9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. LOL!

8/25/2006 12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PONIES PONIES!
I didn't post that first "ponies" comment - but I will "neeeeiiiiggghhh!!" you as well!
-sasha

8/25/2006 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home