Yeeeaaah Hot

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

graydon and anna sittin' in a tree

La Kate graces the cover of September's Vanity Fair - the magazine's first ever style issue, and Kate's second cover in less than a year. Jesus, a drug scandal can really do wonders for your career! Now here's the thing - I know that Vanity Fair isn't Atlantic Monthly or Foreign Affairs or anything, but I can usually count on it not to read like the dozen other fashion mags that I get each month. I mean, I just don't understand why the magazine is venturing into the whole style issue thing. Graydon, I ask you - has Miss Anna also made you her bitch?

At first glance, the Mert & Marcus shot cover looks more like an S&M Christmas card - what with the Michael Kors white fur hat and the Azzedine Alaïa black patent leather boots. Is it just me? Another shot inside the magazine shows a more androgynous Kate, photographed in black tie and top hat - à la the fabulously dykey Marlene Dietrich.

Joining Kate on the best-dressed List are: Selma Blair, Renée Zellweger, Fran Lebowitz, and Gwen Stefani, Richard Johnson, Kanye West, Condoleezza Rice, Oprah Winfrey, George Clooney, and Sofia Coppola, Hedi Slimane, Mario Testino, Charlotte Casiraghi, Stella Tennant and Queen Rania of Jordan.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks like a Russian hooker in that picture. I thiunk it sucks that she has gotten all of these endorsements after that cocaine bust. It sends a really bad message.

8/02/2006 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never understood her appeal. She looks like an alien and she's not even that tall.

8/02/2006 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home