Yeeeaaah Hot

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

but his wife is a control freak!

I was totally loving that whole pee-break drama on CNN yesterday, and am equally loving that the video clip is finally available. In case you haven't heard, yesterday while CNN played live footage of the President giving some address about Hurricane Katrina, anchorwoman, Kyra Phillips too a little pee-break. As luck would have it, she accidentally forgot to turn off her microphone, and about a minute's worth of her bathroom gab fest was heard over President Bush's address.

Here is a transcript of the conversation that was broadcast around the world. I'm especially loving the manner in which she completely trash talks her sister-in-law. Priceless! I'm sure those holiday dinner conversations will be interesting...

Kyra Phillips: ""assholes.Yeah, I'm very lucky in that regard with my husband. My husband is handsome and he is genuinely a loving, you know, no ego.[unintelligible] you know what I'm saying. Just a really passionate, compassionate great, great human being. And they exist. They do exist. They're hard to find. Yup. But they are out there."

[unidentified woman]: "We'll see. He's going to come, you know, he's set for an extended visit.[unintelligible]"

Phillips: "I mean, that's, that's how you figure it all out, those extended visits. [laughter]"

[unidentified woman]: "Yeah, but my mom, I think she really likes him."

Phillips: "Mom's got a good vibe? Good."

[unidentified woman]: "Yeah, my brother's the one that.[unintelligible]"

Phillips: "Brother-of course, brothers have to be, you know, protective. Except for mine. I've got to be protective of him."

[unidentified woman [unintelligible]

Phillips: "Yeah. He's married, three kids, but his wife is just a control freak.”

[unidentified woman #2]: "Kyra."

Phillips: "Yeah, baby?"

[unidentified woman #2]: "Your mic is on. Turn it off. It's been on the air."

Seconds later, Daryn Kagan stumbled through this awkward transition:

Daryn Kagan: "Alright, we've been listening in to President Bush as he speaks in, uh, New Orleans today. This is the one year anniversary of Katrina making land shore there. President Bush saying if another natural disaster hits, our country. We must, uh, react better than that. Let's listen in once again to President Bush."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home