Yeeeaaah Hot

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

the reason we started to watch tv

Janet Jackson has been keeping busy trying to generate some buzz for her upcoming album, 20 Years Old – due in September. Jermaine Dupri, Janet’s boyfriend or fiancé or whatever he is, recently sounded off – saying that she sets the standard for her female contemporaries, and that her new album will leave everyone else in the dust. Speaking to the press on Monday, Dupri said the following

"Only Janet records sound like her. I always look and think, 'Where's Beyoncé going to be in 20 years?' It's hard for me to visualize. I don't put them on the same plane. Janet doesn't go for the same typical cars and street videos. She was the reason we started to watch TV. She's back to her full capacity and blowing it out to the level. Artists just need to make good music. I said to Janet, 'All you got to do is sing.' Britney and Christina (Aguilera) are all copycats of one person."

Now here’s the thing – I have always loved Janet, but exactly what is Jermaine Dupri smoking? Janet was the reason we started to watch TV? And what’s with the unnecessary jab at B? Also, can we discuss the Chanel / McDonalds / Skull and Crossbones necklace? I mean, I think it’s pretty safe to say that this necklace is some sort of ghetto concoction, but if Karl starts pushing shit like that, I will be forced to do something drastic! Coco Chanel just turned over and vomited in her casket.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that's what's known as ghetto fabulous.

7/26/2006 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home