Yeeeaaah Hot

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

halloween 2006

Here are the pictures from our Halloween. I've been attempting to post since yesterday, but blogger has been down. Our block held its annual Halloween festival - so from Central Park West to Broadway on West 69th Street was closed off with police cordons. The block association started this 35 years ago, to enable the neighborhood children a safe and fun way to trick-or-treat. The buildings and houses are decorated to the hilt - some are even set up as haunted houses.

Here are a few pictures of the decorating that I did in our apartment.

I ended up taking the glittered pumpkins outside to help decorate, and actually caught some random grandmother trying to steal one. Needless to say, I put the smack down. No joke.

Here is a photo of Spencer as Robin...

... and Barkley as Batman.

If you recall, we had initially planned on different costumes. Barkley was going to be dressed as Superman, and Spencer was going to go as jail bait. Once we saw the Batman and Robin costumes though, we knew that they were perfect.

I was in charge of the decoarting efforts for our building, and decided to do these spooky Japanese heads in the flower bed.

The pictures don't really do them justice - but trust me, they were really creepy. I spooked myself a couple of times, just having them around the apartment earlier this week.

This was our candy station, with the pumpkins that I carved. We had an obscene amount of candy, and we still managed to run out a little early.

Here are some pictures from the neighbors decorations.











2 Comments:

Blogger NatAttack said...

Your decorations look great! I wish I'd known about the area, I would have dropped by to check out the most-decorated-for-Halloween-setup I've seen in a long time...

11/02/2006 3:57 PM  
Blogger Baby Jane said...

Thanks - we had a lot of fun!

11/02/2006 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home