Yeeeaaah Hot

Monday, May 22, 2006

janja-what?

This post is going to sound a bit cantankerous, but I’m watching the news, and am suddenly in a bit of a mood – so bear with me.

Talk about beating a dead horse – next Tuesday will mark the one year anniversary of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, and I am so sick of seeing her face splashed across my television, newspapers and internet. What bothers me is that if she didn’t have blonde hair and blue eyes, we would have stopped hearing about the whole thing long ago.

I obviously feel sorry for this girl’s family – but how can they possibly grieve and move on when the whole thing is rehashed on a daily basis? Tragedy sucks any way you slice it – but the reality is that people go through this and much more every single day. On any given night there is a good chance that you can make it entirely through the nightly news without any mention of half the crazy shit that is going on all over the world. Until pretty recently, the only thing that most people knew about the genocide in Sudan or Uganda was that Anus Jolie was somehow involved.

Ask someone about Joseph Koney or the Janjaweed, and there’s a good chance that they will stare back at you blindly. Ask someone about Natalee Holloway, and I’ll bet that they’ll be able to give you an earful. Whatever, I have a strange feeling that this little girl is off somewhere on a crystal meth binge (yeeeaaah tina) or something equally heinous. I’m completely over it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home