Yeeeaaah Hot

Friday, May 19, 2006

back to basics

I don’t know if I could be any more excited for Christina’s new album – Back to Basics – due August 15th. The album is a “modern take on vintage jazz, soul and blues from the 1920s, ‘30s and ‘40s – with a throwback style creating a sound that is gritty and raw.” Her inspirations for this record were Billie Holiday, Otis Redding, Etta James and Ella Fitzgerald, and the first single “Ain’t No Other Man” will premiere on June 8th at the MTV Movie Awards, and is set for release on June 12th.

I loved loved loved Stripped, and still (4 years later) have it on fairly regular rotation on my ipod – but I’m really digging the throw back vibe of her new album. Here are a couple hot promotional photos that I dug up. Mega!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home