Yeeeaaah Hot

Friday, November 03, 2006

sour fucking grapes

I'm sure by now that most of you have heard about the diatribe that Kanye West unleashed last night at the MTV Europe awards. I just saw the video, and it is seriously one of the grossest things that I've seen in a long time. I mean, GROSS - just really, really gross.



According to People Magazine -
Officially, Kanye West was named best hip-hop artist at Thursday night's MTV Europe Music Awards held in Copenhagen. But unofficially, he was also named biggest sore loser.

The six-time Grammy-winning rapper, 29, was apparently so disgruntled at not winning best video for "Touch The Sky" – the prize went to Parisian duo Justice vs. Simian for "We Are Your Friends" – that he crashed the stage as the award was being handed out. In a profanity-laced tirade, West said he should have won the prize, because his video "cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it," and, he added, "I was jumping across canyons."

"If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility," West said, according to the Associated Press. Later, he said, "I had the best video. 'Touch the Sky' was a great moment in TV." This wasn't West's first public outburst:
As this year's Grammys approached, he appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone wearing a crown of thorns, and later said he'd "really have a problem" if he didn't win album of the year for Late Registration. (He lost to U2's How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.)
After losing the favorite breakthrough artist award to Gretchen Wilson at the 2004 American Music Awards, West told reporters, "I was robbed. ... I was the best new artist this year," and "I got 10 Grammy nominations, and won three – even if I should have won all 10."
During last year's NBC celebrity telethon for Hurricane Katrina victims, he said on the live broadcast, "George Bush doesn't care about black people." He also attacked the news media, saying: "If you see a black family, it says they're looting. See a white family, it says they're looking for food."
Ok, so I definitely agree with him on that last point, and actually thought that it was hilariously ballsy when he unleashed that gem. The best part being Mike Myers painfully awkward reaction.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home